Pre-Professional Summer Dance Intensive 2014
Madison Contemporary Vision Dance
Pre-Professional Summer Intensive 2014
For intermediate and advanced level dancers, ages 12 and up
Dates: July 7-11 and July 14-18. Performances: Art Fair on the Square July 12, Summer Intensive Showcase July 19. Classes will be held Monday through Friday during the day.
Why choose MCVD Summer Intensive?
MCVD’s summer intensive is designed specifically to strengthen dancers’ technique, confidence, creativity, and stage presence.
Various locations around Madison will be used to create a unique and exciting learning experience. Classes such as underwater ballet, auditions 101 and a performance at the Overture Center for the Arts will make lasting impressions on young dancers' training pathways.
Wow everyone back at your studio this fall!
Be your best at upcoming auditions!
- Hip Hop
- Ballet Bootcamp
- Underwater Ballet
- Acting for Dancers
- Career Options in Dance
- Leaps and Turns
- Auditions 101
- Goal Setting and Resume Writing
- Professional and Collegiate Dance Team Prep
- Health and Nutrition for Dancers
- Choreography and Improvisation
- Stretch and Strength - featuring relaxation techniques to increase flexibility without stretching!
- Dance in College
- Arial Silks
Students are given the opportunity to perform their own choreography at the Overture show
- Sara Rohs - Artistic Director MCVD, Former Milwaukee Brewers Diamond Dancer, Dance Competition Judge
- Allison Kenison - MCVD Assistant Director, Teacher Midwest Performing Arts, BFA Dance
- Joey Hernandez Judge at Starquest, Judge at RAW Energy Dance Competition, Dancer at Legends In Concert, Artistic Director of Resilience Dance Company (Rockford, IL)
- Meghan McDermott - Former dancer with Giordano Dance Chicago, Current Artistic Director and Owner Midwest Performing Arts, featured on DANCE magazine cover, BFA in Dance.
- Erin Kiley - Former Dancer with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Dancer in Disney’s stage show of High School Musical 2, High School Musical 3, Idlewild and SoakZone, BA in Dance
- Jessica Cseter - Artistic Director Award Winning Capital Dance Revolution, Choreographer
- Maya Kadakia - Director of the Limanya Drum and Dance Ensemble, a Madison-based African Drum and Dance group
- Natalie Nemeckay - Artistic Director and Owner A Leap Above Dance, Featured in Dance Teacher Magazine
- Corinne Jones - MCVD Assistant Director, Teacher A Leap Above Dance, Choreographer
- Ellie Lomasney - Choreographer, Teacher A Leap Above Dance, Teacher Kehl School of Dance
- Gisela Baldwin - BFA Dance, Teacher A Leap Above Dance
- Ashley DiCarlo - Teacher A Leap Above Dance, Choreographer
- Jessica Duplessis - Award Winning Choreographer, Teacher, Dance Competition Judge, BFA in dance
- Andrea Henry - Artistic Director and Owner of Dells Dance Center, Professional Dancer
More teachers TBA
If you or your dance instructors have questions about placement in this program please or any other questions please contact artistic director Sara Rohs firstname.lastname@example.org. The intensive will be paced for the intermedatae and advanced dancer.