Pre-Professional Summer Dance Intensive 2015
Madison Contemporary Vision Dance
Pre-Professional Summer Intensive 2015
For intermediate and advanced level dancers, ages 12 and up
Dates: July 6-11 and July 13-18. Performances: Art Fair on the Square July 11, Summer Intensive Showcase July 18. Classes will be held Monday through Friday during the day.
Why choose MCVD Summer Intensive?
MCVD’s summer intensive is designed specifically to strengthen dancers’ technique, confidence, creativity, and stage presence.
Various locations around Madison will be used to create a unique and exciting learning experience. Classes such as underwater ballet, auditions 101 and a performance at the Overture Center for the Arts will make lasting impressions on young dancers' training pathways.
Wow everyone back at your studio this fall!
Be your best at upcoming auditions!
- Aerial Silks
- Underwater Ballet
- Leaps and Turns
- Auditions 101
- Health and Nutrition for Dancers
- Choreography and Improvisation
- Hip Hop
- Career Options in Dance
- Goal Setting and Resume Writing
- Professional and Collegiate Dance Team Prep
- Stretch and Strength - featuring relaxation techniques to increase flexibility without stretching!
- Dance in College
Students are given the opportunity to perform their own choreography at the Overture show
- Sara Rohs - MCVD, Former Brewers Diamond Dancer, Dance Competition Judge, Teacher A Step Above Dance
- Allison Kenison - MCVD, Teacher Midwest Performing Arts, BFA Dance, Choreographer
- Natalie Nemeckay - MCVD, Artistic Director and Owner A Leap Above Dance, Featured in Dance Teacher Magazine
- Justin Athey - MCVD, Co-owner of Gotta Dance Academy of Performing Arts, Director of Mad City Hustle
- Corinne Jones - MCVD Assistant Director, Teacher A Leap Above Dance, Choreographer
- Gisela Baldwin - MCVD, BFA Dance, Teacher A Leap Above Dance
- Kimberly Smith - MCVD Athletic Performance, Movement Correction, and Overall Health at CORE Health and Fitness
- Charmaine Ristow - Verona Youth Ballet Nutcracker, Ballet University Artistic Director and Master Teacher
- Marin Johnson - Artistic Director and Owner Forte Studio, Co-Owner and Choreographer for Jigsaw Entertainment
- Tami McKittrick - Artistic Director and Owner A Step Above Dance and Music Academy
More teachers TBA
Verona Athletic Center
411 Prairie Heights Dr
Verona, WI 53593
6300 Nesbitt Rd
Fitchburg, WI 53719
Madison Circus Space
2100 Winnebago St,
Madison, WI 53704
Art Fair on the Square
North Hamilton Performance Stage (Capitol Steps at North Hamilton Street)
Overture Center for the Arts
201 State Street, Madison
10am to 3pm Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri. 12pm-3:30pm Wednesdays. The class schedule will be out mid May.
If you or your dance instructors have questions about placement in this program please or any other questions please contact artistic director Sara Rohs firstname.lastname@example.org. The intensive will be paced for the intermedatae and advanced dancer.